Core DTS Track - January DTS
Taking place within the January DTS, the Core Track focuses on the question,
“What does it mean for us that Jesus is a Jewish king?”
Come discover where this question will lead us as we:
- Read large portions of the Old Testament
- Study more about Israel and it's relation to other nations
- Reach out to churches in the Netherlands
- Pray and intercede in the Tabernacle, our house of prayer, every week
- Travel to Israel for a portion of lecture and outreach
We go to Israel to explore God's heart for this nation, the Jewish people, and those around them. Our aim there is to learn about our roots in the Jewish faith and how relevant it is for missions and the Church today. As we seek to spread the Gospel to all nations, we must dutifully consider the Jewish people’s place in frontier missions.
We spend extra time in the Old Testament in order to encounter God in a profound way. Our vision is to let God’s Word sink deeply into our hearts, believing what it says about God, ourselves and others. By allowing His truth to transform us, we gain a greater understanding of our identity as well as a greater eagerness to share His love to the world around us.
ABOUT THE JANUARY DTS
The January Discipleship Training School (DTS) is a training course on discipleship to Jesus in the context of missions. The school is 23 weeks long, with the first half being lectures in Amsterdam and the second half being outreach to various nations.
We embark on this journey because Jesus has called us to make disciples of all people groups. In order to do this, we need to walk as disciples ourselves. If you’re ready, be prepared to:
- Engage in 12 full lecture weeks on topics such as: Hearing God’s Voice, Jesus and the Cross, Missions, and much more
- Spread the Gospel in Amsterdam in radical ways
- Worship together in song and prayer
- Live and eat in community
- Have people speak words of direction and encouragement into your life
- Travel to other countries to share the message of Jesus for 10 weeks
- Step out of your comfort zone in nations not your own
- Know God and make him known
At the start of 2020, we will run one DTS – the January DTS! All Core DTS and Arts DTS students will now be a part of this unified school. Next to the normal program of a DTS, the January DTS will contain two separate tracks: the Arts track and the Core track. In each track you will have times of specific lectures and activities regarding the focus of your choice.
Note: If you require a Visa for the Netherlands, your application deadline is October 25th.
This school has already started. For information about any future schools or for other questions, please contact us here.