With the building's name De Poort, meaning the gateway, it has held true to its name acting as a gateway into missions.
It facilitates various University of the Nations courses, conferences to train missionaries to be sent out all over the world and hosts short-term teams that visit to reach out to the city of Amsterdam.
De Poort is also a location for YWAM Amsterdam staff housing and office space.
De Poort is located at:Kadijksplein 18,
Getting to the De Poort from Schiphol airport
- Underneath the airport is the railway station that brings you to “Amsterdam Centraal Station” (Amsterdam Central station).
- Be sure to buy your ticket before going entering the tracks.
- When you arrived at Amsterdam Central Station, take the bus 22 headed to “Indische Buurt”.
- Get out 2 stops later at “Kadijksplein”.
- De Poort will now be in front of you.